Monday, February 13, 2012

Technology Self-Assessment: School 2.0

Description: I performed the technology self-assessment check for teachers on School 2.0 to give myself an overview of how effectively I use technology in a classroom setting. The self-assessment is a free professional tool that lets me know what areas I could be focusing more on.

NETS-T: The School 2.0 self-assessment meets NETS-T standard 5: Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership. It addresses areas c: evaluate and reflect on current research and professional practice on a regular basis to make effective use of existing and emerging digital tools and resources in support of student learning.




I wanted to learn more about the NETS-T module 5: Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership. One of the resources that School 2.0 recommended for me based on my assessment was a site called Classroom 2.0. This is a great site that provides an international forum for educators and those interested in education to share resources and talk about their technology questions and concerns and get advice. You can even join a special interest group--or set up your own. Judging by the list of groups, there are a lot of college technology education classes like this one that use this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment